Monday, March 26, 2018
When: Thursday, March 29, 5 pm - 6 pm
Where: Capital Federal Hall, Colloquium (Room 1010)
Free pizza for everyone.
For more information: Contact email@example.com
Friday, December 29, 2017
The purpose of this guide is to provide supplemental readings and media for learning Uyghur that are either available through University of Kansas Libraries or online.
The language guide includes:
- Different learning levels: Beginner-Intermediate and Intermediate-Advanced
- Cultural differences from the point of view of a Uyghur man
- Textbooks, dictionaries, grammar resources, readers, manuals, audio, music, & video
- Alphabet tools, flashcards, & dialect information
- Links to sample pages as well as PDFs
Now Available at https://guides.lib.ku.edu/uyghur
Monday, November 20, 2017
- Korean language full-text e-Journal database
- Provides scholarly service for the Korean Education and Research Information Service (KERIS), a national service organization for education and research programs
- Provides integrated search of full-text journals including searches in KISS and DBPia databases
- More than 1.6 million theses & dissertations held in more than 150 universities in South Korea
- Over 7.9 million bibliographic records
- Accessible at RISS International http://www2.lib.ku.edu:2048/login?url=http://intl.riss.kr
- Chinese language full-text e-Journal database subscription for Taiwan Electronic Periodical Services (TEPS)
- More than 1,000 academic journals published in Taiwan.
- Chinese language full-text e-Journal database
- Includes 6,000 periodical titles and 1,300 core journals
- Compatible with many mobile devices
- Uses streaming for reading and sharing
- Trial accessible at https://lib.ku.edu/new-database-trials
- Trial expiration: December 22, 2017
- Have comments? Provide feedback to Vickie Doll (
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Vincent Muirhead tells his story in a new interview by the Center for East Asian Studies now available for viewing on KU ScholarWorks (https://kuscholarworks.ku.edu/handle/1808/24997)
Abstract: "Kansas-native Vincent Muirhead’s initial, childhood interest in airplanes accompanied him through various stages of his life, from United States Navy midshipman to naval commander, World War II veteran, and Aerospace Engineering Department Chair at the University of Kansas. In this interview, conducted in his home with his daughter, Sherry Muirhead, present, he shares his personal experience at Pearl Harbor, details about his involvement in World War II, and stories about his beloved wife and family."
Friday, July 7, 2017
The purpose of the language guide is to provide supplemental readings and media for learning Mandarin Chinese that are either available through University of Kansas Libraries or online. There are many links, sample pages, and PDFs that are accessible to those outside the University of Kansas.
This guide is visually appealing, user-friendly, and with the student's perspective in mind.
Includes materials like: textbooks, readers, dictionaries, comics, audio, video, HSK resources, a list of cultural differences, and character, pinyin, and tone/pronunciation tools.
Materials are divided into levels to benefit the learner: beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
Available at https://guides.lib.ku.edu/mandarin/home